How to upcycle glass jars for home decor
Do you have any glass jars sitting in your house? I have been buying tons of mason jars to organize the pantry, store food, and to put small things. And lots of glass jars that I purchased from grocery stores, and I recycle them. Then I thought maybe I can upcycle these instead of through them to the recycle bin. Here are the steps that I followed.
Here are the types of jars that I used for this project.
1. Pour hot water and wait about 15 mins to make labels peel easy.
2. Peel labels and soak ones that have tough to peel. Then you will be able to peel most of it.
3. Make a few tablespoons of baking soda and a few drops of dishwasher detergent, then add a little bit of water to make a paste.
4. Put the paste on jars and let it sit for a few hours. This will help to remove the left residue, and these jars going to looks like new!
5. Wash! also, wash the lids and let them dry.
6. Glue cut knobs to add characters. I used one of the mini animal figures from my son's toy box and glued it with a glue gun for extra hold.
7. Spray the primer on lids, then wait for 1 hour. We had left of sprays from a while ago.
9. Spray the sealer after they are completely dry. And Done!
It was not difficult at all, and I like how they came out. There are several steps, so I would collect several instead of work on one jar instead.
They are so cute, and I will use them for cotton pads, Q-tips, and small candies. I am excited and glad that I gave it another life to these glass jars. YK and I started the zero waste journey, not for a long time, and we are still learning how to live sustainably with modern aesthetics. We will post more stories of our zero waste journey, and hopefully, you will share yours too. Please leave us comments or questions below. Thanks for your support!